One of my New Year resolutions is to treat myself to luxury make up and facial products more than I do now. Although don't exactly buy the £0.99 concealer now, I never usually spend more than 10 quid on any individual product. Since I am approaching my end 20s, I decided that it is officially time to splurge when it comes to beauty products.
1) Cleansing & Care: Currently I switch between the 3-Step routines (wash gel, toner, moisturiser) of Nivea and Simple and although both are kind of alright, I heard so much good stuff about the Clinique 3-step routine that I want to give it a try with their £20 introduction kit. Moreover, I am going to invest in a bottle of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair which everyone has been praising so much. As for scrubs, I love the Neutrogena Pore & Shine so I will keep that in my routine for every other day.
2) Foundation & Powder: Currently I am using the Max Factor CC cream (which I love), a Garnier concealer as well as some cheap-ish loose powder, however, ever since I had a mini make over at one of London's MAC stores, I have been hoping to get myself the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and a Sheer Loose Powder (incl. a proper Foundation and Powder/Blush Brush). Topped off with an industrial strength concealer which Boi-ing claims to be, I should be able to create the perfect foundation for the rest of my make-up routine.
3) Contouring: Currently I am using a brown-ish red blush to give my face some contour, however, I do think I should start using bronzer and since Hoola claims to be the UK's No.1 Best Selling one, I will give it a try. As for blushes, I heard that the MAC ones are really good and a shade like Breezy or Pink Swoon is just what I need.
4) Eyes: My eye make-up routine usually starts with my eyebrows for which I use the Alverde Eyebrow Gel (one of my favourite products). Afterwards I usually apply something to reduce dark circles below my eyes, I have heard that Benefit's Eye Bright Pencil is a real star when it comes to brightening eyes so I will put one of those in my shopping basket, too. Next, I apply some cream coloured eye shadow, currently I am using one from Max Factor (shade Pale Pebble). Afterwards I apply eyeliner to my lid and I absolutely swear by the Clinique Cream Shaper which is one of the best beauty products I have ever had. Lastly, I apply waterproof mascara and since I once had a mini tester of the Chanel Sublime, I really wish this was in my daily routine.
5) Lips: Not too long ago I bought myself 3 MAC Lipsticks (Impassioned, Media and Brave Red) and I have not regretted spending the money for a second. A pink, a red and a burgundy are the only 3 shades I need to be happy and together with the Burt's Bees lip balm, my lips couldn't be happier.